Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Welcome to Alaska!

Well, we made it!  I'm a little late on posting this, but moving 3500 miles away is quite the undertaking!  Especially here.  There's quite a few things we're trying to adjust to which is different from the "lower 48" or as the locals here say, "outside" but that'll be a blog for another day.

This blog is intended to keep us in touch with you all and show you around our new home.  I'll be posting weekly at the very least, hopefully more, so check back often!  I'll also try to include as many pictures as possible.

First things, first.  Mooscellaneous?  Yes, a clever blog name I stole from a store here.  Alaska is known for it's bear, salmon and moose.  We haven't seen a bear yet and although he's tried, Wayne hasn't caught us a salmon yet, but moose?  Yes, we see them often.  Right in town, in fact! 
Wayne and I were taking my parents to the airport to return to CO after their first trip out here and we had a few minutes to kill so we cruised through Kincaid Park.  It was our first moose sighting and a first for my parents as well!  You can't grasp how close I am to this huge animal by the photo, but we were very close.  I was definitely scared at this close distance.
 And here is a baby moose. So cute.  It even trotted after the car a little which, again, freaked me out.
I'm currently taking my lunch break, so I don't have other photos to include today, so I'll get some together for a post tomorrow.  I'd like to show you my office, our house and Wayne will even make a guest appearance to talk about his passion, mountain biking.

We miss you guys!

Heidi   
     &
       Wayne

1 comment: