Sunday, September 2, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

One thing that I've been interested in doing for a long time is trying out new recipes from some fabulous baking books I've aquired over the years.  I used to try new recipes every now and then for Wayne but he wasn't eating sweets at the time and I'd end up being tempted by them and eating them myself. Wayne has gotten back into a sweet kick, so I am starting to bake again.  For copyright purposes, I'm not sure if I can just post recipes that aren't mine (I'll look into that), but if you're interested email me and I'll send it to you.

Today, I'm making some Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from:


This house happened to come with a convection oven and I'm really loving it.  It cut a good amount of time off of my Mom's Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and they browned much nicer than when I baked them without the convection on.




The only thing I didn't realize when I started this recipe is that oatmeal cookies take a longer time to bake than I realized (20-24 min for regular ovens) per batch.  Also, these are "oversized" per the recipe.  I think I need to buy a second cookie sheet so that I can get the next batch in before waiting for the first batch to cool.

Verdict: Wayne liked them.  I haven't gotten him to say too much more about them.  He's a man of few words.  I'll be evaluating the cookie jar to see how quickly they disappear!

6 comments:

  1. Even though I will admit to making some pretty awesome chocolate chip cookies, I have never been able to "master" oatmeal cookies. Maybe you can teach me something about baking if the verdict turns out to be "the best oatmeal cookies in the whole state of Alaska!" Beware of baking--just the aroma makes some people gain 5 lbs! I know this from personal experience so therefore not much baking going on here in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grew on me, but I think I'm ready for brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo brownies!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous of the convection oven, i have mad two pies in an electric smoker! Good pies mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I made tow pies, not mad them. So happy I finally got it to publish. Some magic just happened.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I give up on spelling!!!!

    ReplyDelete